we all know that candidates rely on a fair, open, and transparent hiring process so that they are given an equal opportunity to land the job. We all know how tiring it is to be a job applicant; we have all gone through it at least once in our lives. We have to keep in mind, however, that recruiters are also pressured – pressured to fill in demanding companies’ openings with suitable, qualified talent. If looking for candidates is not hard enough, convincing them to apply and ultimately land the job is definitely difficult enough.
This is where Applicant Tracking System, or ATS, kicks in. An ATS just might be the recruiter’s saving grace. It has a mind of its own, and it helps recruiters shorten their time, and increase their effectiveness – both at the same time. Here are the benefits of using an ATS.
- An ATS improves candidate experience. Candidates do not like sites with complicated log in requirements, long forms to be filled out, and messy interfaces for job openings. Rather, they want to have the easiest time looking for their next job. An ATS does exactly that. It accommodates the needs of the applicant by keeping forms short, making the experience easy. ATS also helps inform candidates with their application status automatically, so that everyone involved is updated.
- An ATS helps build a company’s stronger foundation. At the end of the day, a company’s best asset is its people. Thus, finding the best talent is considered a big step ahead of the competition. An ATS can do this very well, as it helps companies strategize their hiring efforts. It also motivates HR personnel to screen applicants more effectively – ultimately leading to a positive experience for both parties.
- An ATS is “social.” An ATS helps companies get the word out on their job vacancy. It also helps recruiters reach passive applicants. An ATS can help track where the application came from, allowing referrers to receive the reward that is rightfully theirs.
- Mobile experience. 4 out of 10 applicants regularly apply to job posts using their mobile devices. That is a whopping statistic, and those 4 applicants could be the best fit. Needless to say, an ATS helps recruiters manage these mobile applications more efficiently. It also helps them keep their online job portals in good condition, allowing 24/7 access for applicants.
- Smarter, better, faster way to hire candidates. With an ATS, companies spend less in recruiting applicants. They also get a larger number of applicants compared to traditional hiring methods.